We want you to talk and connect easily and casually on our site, about the same things you might talk about with your friends every day. But since we are hosting the conversations we’d like to put some standards in place around what can and can’t live on the site. If something you posted on beccastone.com was removed, it may be because it broke one or more of the following rules:
- Don’t give out or ask other people for Personally Identifying Information (or PII). PII is anything that would allow a person to contact you elsewhere or find you in real life.
- Don’t use gratuitous profanity or vulgarity.
- No graphic or gratuitous sexual talk in your posts. No personal descriptions either.
- Don’t post anything that glorifies, encourages, or tells people how to do things that are violent, illegal, or harmful to themselves and/or others.
- Don’t offer or request advice that should really be coming from a professional. That includes the kind of stuff you should be discussing with a doctor, therapist, police officer, or lawyer.
- Don’t write hate speech. That includes negative stereotypes, racial epithets, and bigotry.
- Don’t get into flame wars. We want you to discuss your opinions and express yourself. But don’t insult other people to get your point across.
- Saying cruel and demeaning things about other people or people you know in real life is not OK. Talking trash about a politician or other public figure might be OK, but only if it doesn’t break any of the other rules.
- Don’t post ads.
- No chain letters, pyramid schemes, or virus warnings (they’re not always correct and they clog up the site).
- Don’t use Beccastone to post surveys, even if it’s for a worthy project.
- Please stay on-topic. There’s a place in here for every subject. Off-topic posts may be deleted even if they don’t break any other rules.
- It is alright to link to articles that you believe would be helpful to the community but please do not post the full text of articles.